Privacy and Data Policy
The Little Sweet Shop makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
When you place an order, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to The Little Sweet Shop (for example your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact and bank/credit card details). We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
- process your order;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient, and reliable service;
- help fraud prevention i.e. we check card details with our credit agency and reserve the right to refuse orders on that basis (your credit rating can be checked for a nominal fee with the main UK agencies Equifax and Experian);
- open and run your account (should you wish to have one);
- administer prize draws;
- provide a more personal shopping experience;
- keep you up-to-date with our marketing and promotional offers.
By making an order and submitting your data you agree to this use.
From time to time we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the service to you.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
If you have used The Little Sweet Shop website before or have ordered products from The Little Sweet Shop before it is possible that we have this information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you are an existing customer we will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to.
If you are a new customer, we will give you the choice (for example once you have placed an order) whether or not you want to contact you about future offers, events and new products or related activities that you may find useful. We will not bombard you with emails, but we’d like to keep you informed of the developments on The Little Sweet Shop.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third companies.
In order to improve our service, The Little Sweet Shop may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited The Little Sweet Shop website before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve The Little Sweet Shop site and the products and services available to you.
We believe that you will be delighted with your products but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible. These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
You will only have to pay for the return postage of the products.
Please contact us by telephone or email to inform us of your wish to return products.
We may allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return. We may also advise you how to send the item back to us. Occasionally items may have to be picked up by a courier service. Otherwise, please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) and return to:
The Little Sweet Shop, 51 High Street, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3RE.
You will be responsible for the returned products until they reach us.
The Little Sweet Shop Responsibilities
The Little Sweet Shop has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated or contact us for exact sizes.
Little Sweet Shop will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person’s services.
Because of the nature of the internet, The Little Sweet Shop provides and maintains this website on an “as is”, “as available” basis and makes no promise that use of the site will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our internet services for any reason beyond our control.
Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use The Little Sweet Shop website in breach of these terms, you will be liable to and will reimburse The Little Sweet Shop for any loss or damage caused as a result.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit The Little Sweet Shop’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
The Little Sweet Shop will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
The Little Sweet Shop is not involved in the manufacture of products. Where we state information as to the contents of the sweets (eg whether they contain sugar, gluten or gelatine) we reproduce wherever possible the information provided by the manufacturer. We do not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, The Little Sweet Shop excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to The Little Sweet Shop and The Little Sweet Shop shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on The Little Sweet Shop website;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating The Little Sweet Shop website;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of The Little Sweet Shop website or any product purchased through The Little Sweet Shop;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use The Little Sweet Shop website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading The Little Sweet Shop, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from The Little Sweet Shop or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“External Sites”) to which The Little Sweet Shop link and websites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to ‘cookies’, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
The Little Sweet Shop may change or withdraw any part of The Little Sweet Shop website, or may refuse you access to the website at any time if we consider it necessary.
The Little Sweet Shop may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of The Little Sweet Shop upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to The Little Sweet Shop’s other rights.
The Little Sweet Shop acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person. If The Little Sweet Shop does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at The Little Sweet Shop’s option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and The Little Sweet Shop and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
Since we are principally aiming The Little Sweet Shop at the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
Under the UK Criminal Justice Act 1988 it is an offence to sell knives and certain bladed or pointed articles to persons under 16 years of age.
The Licensing and Catering Act sets rules about where alcohol may be sold, and prohibits the sale of alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
Use of The Little Sweet Shop and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Contacting The Little Sweet Shop
If you would like help when ordering, information about a product, a request for a product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us: 51 High Street, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3RE, or by telephoning 01903 879775 between 9am and 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.